Client: Harvard University
Location: Harvard Yard
One of the most prominent buildings on the Harvard University campus, Memorial Church is used primarily for worship services including weekly Sunday Services, held in the main sanctuary, and daily Morning Prayers, held in Appleton Chapel.
Elaine Construction was hired to replace the HVAC system, adding much needed Air Conditioning in the sanctuary, mezzanine, and lower level. In addition to the HVAC work, a number of upgrades and repairs were also performed:
– Life Safety upgrades to meet current code (fire alarm and fire protection/sprinkler);
– Accessibility upgrades (MAAB compliance);
– Deferred Maintenance;
– Regulated Material abatement (asbestos felt below the wood floor);
– Integration of sustainable goals into the project;
– Accessible Entrance(s); and
– Reconfiguration of lower level spaces.